26th August 2021
Role: Data Analyst / Data Scientist
Duration: 6 months (rolling contract)
Days required: 5 days per week – Full time
Data Analyst required for small environmental start-up company in London. The ideal candidate will use their passion for big data and analytics to help companies better manage and reduce their GHG emissions.
The ideal candidate will be proficient user of MS Excel & R. or Python software, and have sound knowledge of techniques and methods used to analyse and present statistical data to external audiences. Also an ability to undertake forecasts using techniques in predictive statistics, and research emerging environmental and economic policy which could affect our clients.
- Compile and analyze raw data in Microsoft Excel or SQL database for business purposes
- Develop clear visualizations using a BI tool, to convey complicated data in a straightforward fashion
- Provide insight or ideas into automation of processes related to data processing, and calculations.
- Undertake some predictive modelling, using either R. or Python programming software
- Work with software programmers to ensure they have all relevant data for the construction of the cloud platform.
- You will be given responsibility to ensure smooth running of the project.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in relevant subject such as; Statistics, Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Economics, PPE, Applied Social Data Science, Environmental Policy with Economics, Mathematics, Finance and Management or similar.
- 1 – 2 years’ Data Analysis experience
Skills & Requirements:
- Proficient in SQL and advanced use of Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used to analyse large data sets in MS Excel, and SQL
- Outstanding problem solving skills; an ability to overcome shortfalls or gaps in datasets encountered during the project.
- Experience using a Business Intelligence Tool such as Tableau, Looker, MODE Analytics or Power BI
- Working knowledge of R.Software or Python or other statistical computing software
- Good Attention to detail is key in this role
Preferred though not essential:
- Sound research skills; ability to keep abreast of climate change policy, and developments with building services, and retail industries
- Familiarity with Google Cloud console, Microsoft Azure or similar platforms
- Proficient in MS Excel and R.Software or other statistical computing software
- Required to assist in development of predictive models,
- Collation and analysis of statistical data with regards to climate change,
- Automation of forms / spreadsheets for use by clients.
- Requires skills in Automation and use of advanced formulae in MS Excel.
Please submit your CV to: email@example.com
Closing date: 24th September 2021